Why do hormones play tricks on you?

For the last couple of months now I have been a basket case. About a week before my period I get feeling sick to my stomach, tired, sore breasts and cranky. This month I started feeling this over 2 weeks before my period even starts. I am so tired this time and just don't care anymore. Do any of you ladies feel like this to??

newlifewith3

Asked by newlifewith3 at 9:14 AM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Health

• Have you hormones and thyroid been tested? Any kind of inbalance in our blood can offset us whether or not we're pregnant. Make sure you make time to nurture just you three times a day where ever you are. Figure out a way you deserve seconds, minutes here there to catch your breath. You're valuable and worth the time for just you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Yes both have been tested and they came back normal. I need to take more time for myself......its hard but I should try. I'm heading to the lake this weekend. Hopeful that the rain stops!
    newlifewith3

Answer by newlifewith3 at 10:03 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I don't know! Is it PMDD?? Have you been checked? I'm Sorry you're dealing with this! Its not Easy & not Fun! So many don't understand!! Some things caa just be Wrong & cause so many issues! If you can afford medical care. Please get this Straightened out any way you can! I'm miserable. No insurance, job, way out or relief. I've been heavily bleeding non stop for over 6 Weeks,. I'm Weak, cold, tired & Dizzy Etc... But beleive me I Care! I hope you can get Well & figured this all out! Be strong! Not everyone is hopeless like I am! Best of Luck! hope you get your right answer & Cure!! Take Good Care!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 12:40 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Awww I feel so bad for you. I live up in Canada so I guess you can say that I am very blessed!!
    I had the Mirena removed a couple of months ago and they say it takes a few months for your body to adjust itself.
    newlifewith3

Answer by newlifewith3 at 1:16 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• What foods do you typically eat? The hormones fed to animals in the conventional food supply can absolutely be affecting you. Try a plant based diet for a couple of months, with lots of fruits and vegetables (7-8 servings a day in at least 3 different colors); whole grains (5-6 servings a day) and legumes (at least 2 servings a day)

Answer by rkoloms at 1:32 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I know that I can't eat red meat as it makes me sick to my stomach!! I try and eat lots of veggies and fruit. Thanks for the advice!!
    newlifewith3

Answer by newlifewith3 at 1:52 PM on Jul. 24, 2009