Trip on an Airplane...Can anyone advise???

We are flying to visit my family in about two weeks. I have an eight month old. Any trick on how to keep him happy for at least half the trip??? LOL Lately he's been on a screaming kick and I am stressing on this trip. He's going to be sitting in our lap. I would have loved to put him in his car seat but I can't afford to buy another seat.

Dayija

Asked by Dayija at 9:17 AM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My grandson and I have been flying since he was two months old. What we do is try to keep him awake as long as possible before the flight. He is fed (since he was approx. 5 months old) his baby food just about 10 minutes before we board as well as having his diaper changed. Since anyone with children (little) are allowed on the plane first - I make sure to get myself and him situated before my seatmate boards. When we are ready to go in the air, I give him his bottle and we rock/play until he goes to sleep (this helps with the pressure to his ears -). Then he sleeps for most of the flight (we are flying between Tampa and Albany NY). I also use a baby carrier that allows him to be near me with my arms being free - this really helps when having to switch planes at the airport. We have made this trip numerous times since he was two months old (just me and him) with very little disruption to the fellow passengers on the plane.
    smanches

Answer by smanches at 9:32 AM on Jul. 24, 2009