How can I stop rocking my son to sleep?

I recently started rocking my son to sleep for all times(naps and bedtime). He is 10 months old and I had never had to do it before. I did it one time when he was having a hard time going down for a nap and I was just standing and rocking him. Now it is full on in a rocking chair. It really started when he was able to sit up all the way from laying down. And now he can stand up all the way in the crib. If I try to lay him down without rocking him he will just stand up and cry. I have left him alone to do it and it will go on forever if I left him there. I have let him cry for 30mins but I could not let him go on anymore. I have tried rocking him untill he is really sleepy and he just gets up. I dont know how to get him out of this habbit. It is wearing me out. Sometimes it takes me over 30mins just to get him all the way asleeep in the rocker and asleep enough so he wont get back up. PLEASE HELP!!! Sorry soooo long.

Wonderland912

Asked by Wonderland912 at 9:27 AM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Babies need comfort. Yours likes rocking. Mine nurses and cuddles in bed with me.
    aehanrahan

Answer by aehanrahan at 12:04 PM on Jul. 24, 2009