Shoots of pain threw my private area?

Threw the whole night I kept having shoots of sharp like pain go up threw my vaginal area. What is this pain? The baby I think has dropped as far as he can go. I am 37wks prego. And any advice on how to naturally induce labor?!?!? Please only nice answers.

Tara04

Asked by Tara04 at 9:45 AM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Shooting pain through your vaginal area. Sounds so corny but have you googled this to get some extra insight? It sounds like braxton hicks which is a like a dress rehearsal for labor that is coming up. Ways to naturally induce labor? I tried washing my floors by hand, vacuum the carpet, lots of walking and I was induced at the same gestation you are. I do know it's best to wait after 38 weeks. My son was born at 37 weeks and was very sick, his lungs weren't ready.

I've heard sex can help jump start labor too.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 9:48 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I'm 32 weeks and have been having the same pains. I have no idea what they are!
    But my Dr. said sex will bring on labor. and he also said your considered full term at 37weeks.
    Good Luck!!
    Maya09

Answer by Maya09 at 9:57 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Baby's probably whacking your cervix.
    Gothiclovesick

Answer by Gothiclovesick at 10:07 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• im having the same pains...and every baby is different...some babys lungs arent developed by 37 wks...my friend had her baby like a month ahead of time and everything was fine with her lungs...it just differs from baby to baby,just like from pregnancy to pregnancy....also i have tried having sex and ever since i have ive had pains from my vagina and now my back is all tight,i dont know if its signs im starting labor but until they get worse or closer together im not worried...good luck
    dilemma1

Answer by dilemma1 at 10:22 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I been trying everything but sex. lol My cousins room right below mine and he can hear everything. But I think I'll make him leave today and try having sex. Hopefully it'll work keep y'all updated..
    Tara04

Answer by Tara04 at 11:00 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Naturally induce labor? WAIT for LABOR TO START ON ITS OWN. Miracle sex, Castor Oil, belly messages, walking, steamed water, masterbation and all that mumbo jumbo is a bunch of crap. I'm 40 weeks and I'm not about to take any oil, sex is already happening along with orgasms, walking too and guess what, I'm STILL pregnant. I'll be induced next Friday so I can definitely wait 7 days if he doesn't show up earlier. I need time to clean up and organize all his belongings. Oh and the pains will only get worse. :)
    Shamerika

Answer by Shamerika at 11:23 AM on Jul. 24, 2009