I don't want this relationship, but I don't know how to end it. Your advice?

I do not have a relationship with my family - don't want one and don't miss it. Lately though,for about a month, my oldest sister has taken to calling me. She is one of the primary people that I don't want to have anything to do with. I guess I shouldn't have answered the phone that first time. She's a habitual liar and a complete drama queen. In the last month: she has been pregnant (not-she had an irreversible tubal), filed for a divorce(not) and learned that she has 7 grandchildren (not) - she has 4, always had 4. But last night took the cake! She told me:Her son confessed to her that he murdered a man & cut his tongue out (yet wants me to tell no one). She has lung cancer, it's small, (yet doctors see no need to do a biopsy any time soon). Our dad AND mother molested her since she was 13 (yet they never touched any of their other 4 daughters). And that was just part of what she said. I gotta stop her calling me. Help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• You could stop answering her calls, change your number or have her blocked. Or you could just call her on her lies and ask her to stop calling you. If she gets mad to bad maybe she'll do what you want and never talk to you again.
    Tawanda74

Answer by Tawanda74 at 10:18 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Do what I did, change your phone number and only give to those you can trust. GL, I have a family I don't speak to as well...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:15 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• OMG!!! you can do everthing you need but she will find you anyway.. ppl like this need drama.. you have to just drop all contact with all that you deal with, if you really dont want her in your life tell her, start talkn crap when you are on the phone, lay the phone down and walk off, maybe a few times of you not talking she could get the hint..
    ArlieBeeMee

Answer by ArlieBeeMee at 10:25 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Well you if you have caller id don't answer her calls. Or you could just be blunt and say "I'm sorry Sally but I have had enough of your drama, I really don't want to talk to you anymore. Please stop calling me". If she continues to call , then think about blocking her phone #, or changing to an unlisted # and don't give it out to your family (we had to do this due to sil's alcoholic rambling phone calls).
    Good luck
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:37 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I also don't talk to my family for similar reasons, and I actually couldn't get them to leave me alone until I moved across the state.

Change your number, make it unlisted, and make sure you don't put any personal info online, because if they're extremely crazy like mine, they will find you.
    bugsmommy09

Answer by bugsmommy09 at 12:54 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• LOL maybe we're related BugsMommy09! Thanks ladies. I wish changing my number was a good option. I'm with T-mobile who makes it hell to get a new number - took me 4 months to get a local number after I moved. I live 5 hours away from her - and 1000 miles from the rest of them -so at least she don't drop by. I've done everything that all of you suggest at least twice in 20 years - they always find me. I thought it would be okay this last time - because they haven't tried to call me much. Except this one sister - what really gets on my nerves; and before I could get her to hang up last night she had professed her undying love for me, and oh how so glad she is that '[we are back together]" and ended the conversation with baby talk "I wuuuuuvvvvvvv you" . I want to reach through the phone and slap the crap out of her.
    Anonymous