So I'm trying to start brushing my daughter teeth....

Do any of you moms out there have any little "tricks you use(d) to get your kids to be more cooperative when you were starting to brush their teeth?

P.S.

DD is 91/2 months old and has 8 teeth with 2(maybe 4) more on the way!

Sophia_L

Asked by Sophia_L at 10:18 AM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hand her the brush and let her play with it. It helps if you're brushing YOUR teeth in front of her. After she's done playing, take it and ask her to open up, then brush them a bit.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 12:03 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Stickers and a cool toothbrush!
    CarrienKansas

Answer by CarrienKansas at 10:19 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• that young we just gave them the brush. then kinda tried to follow with another brush.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:41 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• With my oldest I always sang "The itsy Bitsy Spider" while brushing her teeth. She knew that once the song was done, we were done brushing her teeth. If I needed a little more time, I just stretched the song a little and sang slower. I did this from the time I started brushing her teeth until she was about 3-4 years old. Every morning and evening. She loved the routine and it really helped us.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 5:00 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• We have a toothpaste orajel makes that must be tasty. Our daughter is all about having her teeth brushed & we're pretty sure it's the flavor that she likes. She's only 7 mo old though so maybe she'll be trickier as she gets older. Good luck!
    Amy121508

Answer by Amy121508 at 5:05 PM on Jul. 24, 2009