Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

being sued?...

so my husband had a back accident a year ago, well he went to the chiro and his boss was going to pay then he welched out saying my hubby had a prior back accident, well the chiro taked to my hubby and told him to call a workmans comp lawyer to sue his company , my hubby dont want that cause he doesnt want to lose his job, so now the chiro is suing my hubby.. my question is can he garnish his wages when he is the only one working making 30k a year and we are on medical from the gov't


Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Money & Work

This question is closed.
Answers (9)
  • ehhh just frustrated!!!!!! we barely make ends meet and my hubby works 70 hrs a week purely commission just seems like nothing good going our way ehhh

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

  • So the Chiropractor is suing your husband, because he did not pay for the Chiropractic exam, treatment(s) and/or consultation? Seems justified to me! Am I missing something?

    Answer by LoriKeet at 10:35 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

  • If your hubby used a chiro he is responsible in the end to make sure it gets paid. Did you try calling the workmans comp people. You don't have to have the employers permission to file. Of course he may get fired and then you would have to sue to get the job back because that is illegal. I know that sounds like a lot of trouble and not a situation you want to be in. You say you are on government medical. Is that medicaid or some state coverage? Is Chiro covered on the policy? You can file to get reimbursed if you have that coverage otherwise yes, they will sue and his wages could be garnished to some extent till it is paid off.

    Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:36 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

  • They can sue you for nonpayment. Your husband could have filed a workmans comp claim but chose not to. They will garnish wages and can garnish his wages. Your husband should call workmans comp and try to get some assistance. The Chiropractor is not there to work for free.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

  • yes they can sue you and garnish his wages no matter what your income, but they are limited in the amount that can be taken from his check each week.

    Answer by ria7 at 10:53 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

  • no one is understand what im saying AT ALL.. his boss claimed that he would pay for the chiro saying it was a workmans comp issue.(seeing how he got hurt on the job). but then the CHIRO bill got 2 big now the boss is saying he refuses to pay for it, and then the chiro talked to my hubby about getting a lawyer with him to sue his boss but my hubby didnt want to do that for fear of losing his job, so now the chiro is sueing my hubby directly .. my hubby DID NOT BAIL OUT ON A BILL sorry we are not that way.. he was just scared for his job to support his family

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

  • so its either he losses his job cause his boss is a Fing ass or he has to get his wages garnished due to his boss's b.s. that he pulled..

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

  • I see what you ar saying, but the Chiro has to paid. The Chiro can easily go after your hubby and his wages will be garnished unles your hubby files a workers comp claim (with an atty if necessary). Before he goes to court he can get an atty and have the company added as a second defendant so the Chiropractor would be suing the company and your hubby. If your hubby is found guilty then he can sue his company for not filing workers comp...Lots of ways this could go but the Chiropractor has every right to sue your husband.

    Answer by ria7 at 10:58 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

  • i just love how he filed workmans comp paperwork and the boss ok'ed it now is refusing to pay for it is what really pisses me off over the money.. the morals upset me more then anything

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Jul. 24, 2009