need advice on dog not wanting to go outside when its raining..

ok my dog (habinise/shitsu) will not do her bussiness outside if its raining out even if u know she has to go badly like first thing in the am if she sees it raining weather hard or just a sprinkle she wont go out.. i still put her outside and she just sits at the door ( theres a terriace abouve my steps ) she will not go beyond the terrace. at one point she might do her bussiness on the steps why.. she wont get wet. and this am it was raining so she didnt do her thing she cried to come in. my dh calls her princess just because of that what do it do? its been raining so much here...any advice on what i can do??

tabbys4

Asked by tabbys4 at 10:24 AM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Pets

• Would you want to go take a crap out in the rain? I certainly wouldn't. Set up something that could keep her sheltered instead of getting soaked and cold and maybe she wouldn't have a problem with it.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 10:33 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• god my dogs are like that too. They get in lakes, ponds, the tub the pool if you let them and the hose. But god forbid it's even sprinkling out they stand at the door and look at you like your crazy. I just kennel them then they are forced to hold it.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:34 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Funny my friend was just complaining about the same thing on facebook. To be honest though, my dog is the same way in most cases she HATES going outside to go pee so rather then letting her go out back if we actually take her for a walk shes "excited" and has no choice :D
    Soon2Be8489

Answer by Soon2Be8489 at 10:43 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• the other thing i will add is if u take her for a walk she wont go like she dosent want u to see her... we tried the walking thing and nothing u will walk or sit there forever.. and nothing. so when we let her out we cant be outside with her so we put her out and shut the door when she knows your not there she will go ( unless its raining ) my dh says shes a people dog and loves people but she also seems so privet.. but as long as not raining she does so well...
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 11:04 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• lol smart dog! get him a rain coat
    Anonymous

• When my one dog was a puppy, the very first time it rained after we had gotten her, we took her out before bed like normal and she peed. But she wouldn't poop. So we stood in the rain awhile and then ran around the apartment building two or three times and then went back to the potty spot and finally she did poop. We were all soaking wet because it wasn't a light rain, either. Ever since then, when it's raining, she goes out does her business as fast as she can and comes back. There's no messing around for her. I think you're going to have to stand out there with her until she does it a few times. Walk her around the block or something. Yeah, you're going to have to get wet, too. As soon as she goes, bring her inside then and maybe after awhile she'll catch on and starting going quickly.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 5:31 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Eeegads, my dog does the same thing. He won't pee or mess in the house(well once in a blue moon when my son doesn't take him out long enough to go poo). I open the door he looks outside and sees the rain then looks up at me as if to say,"WTF lady! You want ME to GO out THERE? Bwahahahaha, Your kidding!...Your serious?"
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 2:29 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Put your rain coat on, grab an umbrella, and take her out on a leash. Hold the umbrella over both of you and wait until she goes. I have done this more times than I can count and it is not a big deal. Better than having a dog peeing in the house or on the deck.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:31 AM on Jul. 25, 2009