Meningitis & Pnemonia.... Vaccine

Why DID you give your kids these vaccines...
or
Why DIDNT you give your kids these vaccines..

*****please state medical reason
not "because its whats safe" or "because we dont vaccinate".
Thanks :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Jul. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• My children are 100% vaccine free and will stay that way. I believe (and so do many doctors) that it is ALWAYS healthier for a person to be exposed naturally than by chemical filled injections. However, I do not have all the links on hand for you at the moment. I will have to come back in the morning with those... Right now, I need some sleep!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:02 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I don't have a medical reason as to why I choose those particular vaccines, I will say that when I was 18 my mom had a new boyfriend who had two young DD's between 10-12, really great girls that I had known since they were babies, anyways one day the 12 year old didn't feel good, typical flue/cold like symptons, that night she was complaining of a headache, so my mom gave her some tylenol and sent her off to bed. My mom checked on her before she went to sleep and when they woke up in the morning (about 6 hours later) she was dead, she had menangitis, and had seized in the night. I have never ever forgotten that, or how quickly it can turn deadly. So even if I choose to not vaccinate, I would most likely would have choosen to at least do that one.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 10:47 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I did, because I felt that the benefits outweighed the risks. There are others that I have delayed, and may or may not give in the future.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:49 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• No, and because medically it is not safe for my child. He had reactions to other vaccinations and was in a coma for a month. We won't risk his health for any other vaccinations again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I vaccinated because meningitis is deadly and my sons have a higher risk of getting pneumonia because they have a higher risk of having asthma due to my husband.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 11:00 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• We skipped Hib because, among other reasons, "in clinical studies, more children who received the vaccine came down with a serious case of meningitis than those who didn't" (The Vaccine Book).

We skipped the meningococcal vaccine because it's too new, because it's connected to guillian-barre, because it uses the diphtheria toxoid which is super scary, and because this disease is treatable and very rare and those at biggest risk are college kids in dorms and military personnel.

We skipped the Pc shot because this vaccine causes seizures and other serious reactions, contains diphtheria toxoid and aluminum (a strong neurotoxin), and the disease is easily treatable.

We skipped all of these because it's not hard to stay healthy without the vaccines.  We eat right, make sure our little one is healthy, and use common sense.

jellyphish

Answer by jellyphish at 11:11 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• We don't vaccinate for the medical reason of multiple autoimmune diseases which makes our immune systems go into overdrive and causes us to react as though we have the illness.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• There was an outbreak of meningitis in the neighborhood where my daughter's school is located; she did have this vaccine (a single dose preservative free). She will not have the pnemonia vaccine.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:30 PM on Jul. 24, 2009