Is anyone doing a work from home gig that's not a scam??

I need to be home more... my boyfriend can't be, his job doesn't allow. But we need more money!! I just wanna know if there's anyone at all out there that is benefitting from one of these things and how I can get on board!! ;)

SinisterQueen

Asked by SinisterQueen at 10:51 AM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Money & Work

• I am with Ameriplan. It's super easy to start and really easy to do. My team lays everything out for you on our training site :)
    We are a 17yr old company so it's well established and well known. We are a discount benefits Plan Co and help people save on healthcare, legal and financial services and tons of retailers nationwide. And since 70% of Americans are underinsured, we are doing GREAT with the economy being able to help those in need.
    We are paid Daily recieve benefits-5 websites and awesome training. You can give me a call and I'd love to chat with your on the oppotunity!! 770-728-9938
    I do all my work very PT around my daughters nap time or when my hubby gets home to play with her.
    ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 11:11 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Hey girlie I wanted to add my website in case it is easier for you to look around rather than call. www.IBOPlus.com/ChristinaDennis you can also listen to an overview call at 616-712-1118. Let me know what you think, if you are interested you can enroll right away and be up an running within the hour to start earning!!! Super fast and easy :)
    God Bless
    ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 11:17 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• m-avi

I have a started another work at home article series on eHow.  They contain excellent ideas, resources and information.  You can check what I have so far here in my Journal here at Cafemom: 

Work at Home Series

By writing on eHow you will earn life-time commissions on all your articles.  Check it out.  It's fun, educational and creative.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:40 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Yep! I work for a local company that allows me to do data entry in my home.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:41 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms (and dads) with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation. Feel free to contact me directly –Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 1:22 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I have found a comp to work from home a few months back. I am home with my 5 and 2 year old boys and get to earn an income at the same time. The comp I work with just recently won an award with the BBB so it is no scam! We don't do parties, don't have to take inventory, don't have to do sales and this is not MLM! Feel free to contact me at rebeccabowen@live.com or visit my website at www.beingunited.com. I would love to answer any questions that you have! Thanks
    Rebecca
    Rebecca325

Answer by Rebecca325 at 2:14 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I am also with Ameriplan. And it's really a great way to make an income. BUT it takes time to build! So, I started with FreebieForce. With a minimal investment you could easily be earning a few thousand a month from home... Yes, I said investment. But the business will only cost you $19.95 a month and you will make that back in Free Stuff... Visit www.FreebieForce.com/SabrinaMBowen and take the tour...  You won't regret it!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:19 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I sell on eBay! I don't have to worry about being with a Direct Selling company and working hard to make little or no profit. I put what I want into what I sell on eBay and make as little or as much as I want. On busy weeks, including shopping for products I maybe spend about 30 hours a week between shopping, cleaning, taking pics, cropping and uploading pics, listing items, boxing and shipping items....but on those "busy" weeks I can make $500 or more in profit....it really depends on what I sell, when I do large lots of womens and childrens clothes I have those bigger weeks....sometimes ONE lot of clothes sells for $300...and they are usualy things I buy on clearance or at yard sales and thrift stores. One lot of clothes sold for $325 and I spent $30 on the outfits! I once sold a Ralph Lauren Tank dress I paid $3 for...it sold for $55!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:17 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Read my blog for some great ideas. Make sure you check back at least once a week because I do update it. tarasextraincome.blogspot.com
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 4:26 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I can help you! Listen to an overview of my company at (616) 712-1741. It is VERY legit and you WILL make money. Plus you get benefits for your family and a 401K.
    Reaching100K

Answer by Reaching100K at 9:02 PM on Jul. 25, 2009