has anyone had their tubes tied?

if so what did you think of the procedure? is it worth it if you don't want anymore? did you have any problems after? my friend is thinking of having this done.

rose549

Asked by rose549 at 11:08 AM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It was fine. I mean for about a week or so I felt really bloated and I would highly suggest your friend bring stretchy pants of some kind. The pain is actually in the rib cage more than anything because of the air. GasEx!! Yes, GasEx is a must. But overall, it is not a bad procedure.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 11:21 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• i had my tubes tied when i had my son, i had a c-section. the biggest problem i have with it is my periods became irregular and alot heavier and clotty. if she is really serious about it she should be fine as long as she knows what comes with it.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 11:33 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I had mine tied through my belly button and had an umbilical hernia repaired at the same time. Because it was a double surgery, I had some pain for a few weeks. I agree with the stretchy comfy clothes....that was not the time that I wanted button-up jeans, for example. Just tell your friend to be really really sure this is what she wants.
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 6:08 PM on Jul. 24, 2009