Does light Catalina or French taste like regular?

Don't eat the stuff but I am making something with it and was going light for diabetic. And want it to taste the same the people who are eating it have had the dressings before so don't want the to say ewwww. not that they would be so mean. Just want them to like it

amommy2a2yrold

Asked by amommy2a2yrold at 11:09 AM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I like the Kraft fat free Catalina dressing...I don't know if "light" is any different, but the FF is delicious.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:16 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Neither are lower in sugar than regular, so not sure why you'd sub them for regular for diabetics. Usually the 'lighter' the product, the more sugar it has in it.

I don't happen to think that sugar belongs in salad dressings, period... but I make my own. It takes about 90 seconds and costs about 45 cents. My fave is basil parmasan vinegarette, and my kids love a British-style 'salad cream' that is similar to mayo but not so high in fat, nor so eggy.

Basil Parmasan Dressing:

1/2 c light oil (or olive oil if you like the flavour)
    1/4 c white wine vinegar
    juice of half a lemon
    2 tbsp finely grated parmasan cheese
    1 tsp dried, or 1 tbsp fresh chopped basil
    1/4 tsp pepper

Shake all together in a sealed cup or whisk together in a small bowl.

If you want it thinnner, use 1/2 as much oil. If you want it thicker, add another 1/4 cup of oil (it will stay mixed together at this ratio).
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:13 PM on Jul. 24, 2009