Is it okay for my 2, 4 and 6 yr. old to jump on the couch and their beds?

I think it's okay, their dad does not. So when he's not here I let them do it, but then when gets home they forget he doesn't allow it and they get in trouble... is that bad on my part... to let them and they get in trouble b/c of me? Their beds are mattresses on the floor and the couch is fairly big so there isn't much falling off of it. He says then they'll think they can do it anywhere and it's kinda true they'll try it at my in laws and boy do they hear it... but at my moms she allows it too. What to do or not to do?

I4GodRU

Asked by I4GodRU at 11:13 AM on Jul. 24, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• You are undermining your dh's authority, yes that's bad. AND that is VERY disrespectful to their father. If you disagree with him, then state your case, you two discuss it, compromise and come up with something you both agree on. But to knowingly undermine him is extremely disrespectful, and teaches the children that you do not respect their father.

Turn it around, what if he did something similar to you. Let's say, he doesn't see a problem with them eating dessert for dinner, so everytime you aren't looking he's feeding them candy and cake. All of a sudden you start having to deal with tantrums every night because they want candy and cake. You would be pissed, and your husband has every right to be angry with you right now.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 11:17 AM on Jul. 24, 2009