Baby not moving

I havent felt my baby move in almost 24 hours. Im 39 weeks and 2 days pregnant. I have a doctors appointment today should i wait until i go to my doctor and talk to her. Has anyone else has this problem if so what happened?

missylove916

Asked by missylove916 at 11:14 AM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Contact your doctor. They may want you to come in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• My son slowed way down at that point in preganancy...he was just out of room! Give your doctors office a call and they may have you come in earlier than your appt. or they may have you wait. Good luck!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:17 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I would call the doctor. When my son stopped moving they had me at the hospital within the hour.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I would probably go in right now and say "I know my appointment isn't until..... but I haven't been feeling the baby move, can we check on that really quick?!" And I bet they'll get you right in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I agree with the others and just call anyways. They might want you to come in now instead of later. Its always better safe than sorry.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:21 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Definatly sooner rather than later....
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 11:23 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• call them, they should take you right away
    better worried than regret

boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 11:37 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• It's been 24 hours and you haven't called them yet???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• anon 10:41 = B!TCH
    way to make her feel worse
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• anon 8:43, I was thinking the same thing! I was told during both my pregnancies (two different OB offices) that if I didnt feel them move for over an hour, that I needed to drink juice, lay on my side for another hour and then call them if I still felt nothing. I would NEVER go 24 hours without contacting the doctors office!

OP- you need to call the doctors NOW, they will most likely have you skip your appt and send you to L & D for a NST to ensure that the baby isnt in any kind of distress
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:58 AM on Jul. 24, 2009