Cradle Cap on a 2 1/2 year old?

I was combing my daughter's hair this morning and discovered a flaky spot. She did have a short bout with cradle cap as an infant, and this spot is identical to it. It doesn't appear to bother her, and she doesn't have it anywhere else on her head, nor does her twin sister appear to have it. Can toddlers get cradle cap too? If this is what it is, how should I treat it?

rebabeach2

Asked by rebabeach2 at 11:18 AM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• they do get it.. and they get dry scalp too.. maybe its not cradle.. just a dry spot, my daughter is 3 and still gets them now and then.. I bought this great oil, GRAPE OIL, at the health food store.. it is amazing. I put in on her head at night and next morning everything is gone. I also use it for her or my skin. Hope it works.
    yvonne37

Answer by yvonne37 at 2:52 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Put Baby Oil on her scalp & comb it out everyday until it's gone. I hope this helps.
    RaggedyAnne

Answer by RaggedyAnne at 11:23 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• my son is 20 months old and has had it for the past 6 months, he had it as an infant and it went away after I used vaseline but I can't get rid of this. His ped said to wash his hair with head and shoulders/ or a dandruff shampoo like that - its only been 2 washings and hasn't helped yet. I don't know.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:29 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• im in the same boat, i dont want to put vaseline or baby oil on his head because then his hair will be greasy. ill try the head and shoulders
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 2:29 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• That's why I am trying head and shoulders first - hair washing is already a battle as it is, if I tried to get vaseline out of it again it would be a nightmare!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:41 PM on Jul. 24, 2009