Birthday party help!!

I'm having my son's 2nd birthday party on Sunday. I'm not much of a party planner, so it's just going to be basic, but I still want it to be a party like atmosphere. I'm not sure how many people will be there because only a few people got back to me to let me know they were coming. Anyway, this is what I have....
-Cake/Ice cream
-Sloppy Joes
-Chips
-Veggie tray
-Buffalo Chicken Dip
-Cheese tray
-Taco Dip
-Broccoli Salad

I'm also having a pinata instead of treat bags, since I don't know how many kids are coming. My friend is supplying helium balloons for decorations. I have basics, like plates, napkins, forks.
I feel like I'm forgetting something, though.
Please give me some cheap/easy ideas to make his party more festive!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Drinks?
    Cherrie522

Answer by Cherrie522 at 11:24 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Maybe you could make some kind of fun punch. If there will be kids you'll want kiddie activities or a safe play area where they can run around. Have fun!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:26 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• lol thats what i was going to say drinks, cups and ice! I like to have bags so the kids have something to put the pinata candy in. You can decorate paper lunch sacks with stickers. have a sharpie ready for names on drink cups and candy bags.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:27 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Drinks, cups, ice, alky hol(for the adults, duh)
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 11:30 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• part hats?
    i had 2nd birthday for DD
    older child made the birthday crowns
    i cut construction paper in half and glues, then she decorated
    when guests showed she (9) brought them to her room where she had them all lined up on her bed, guest would pick one she made 20, and the 9 yr old fitted to guests heaad,
    it kept the 9 yr old busy and she was so proud all guests wore them, she got a lot of praise and attention when the day was all about younger sibling
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 11:32 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Have an activity for them.. like going to walmart and getting those foam hats and the little foam cutouts, also this doubles as a party hat! and I would still get goodybags, you never can go wrong with them! Plus, streamers are always festive around the house, get his favorite colors and decorate the house with them. My parents used to do that with me, but now where i am living the ceilings are too high. For my kids 2nd b-day i went to chuck-e-cheese. I bought the cake, we all had pizza and the kids had their entertainment and goodybags, and best of all no cooking and cleaning on my part!
    d3vilbunny

Answer by d3vilbunny at 11:40 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• drinks or wine for adults, music , camera for pics ..another cool thing to keep for memories_make a wide picture frame and place birthday boy's picture in the middle and let people write wishes all around it...

Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 11:52 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• OP here.... I do have drinks planned, just forgot to list them. Pop, Iced tea, Lemonade, coffee. Some of our friends are big drinkers and I told them if they wanted alcohol it was BYOB. And I always have a bottle of wine in the house for when I'm done with the stressful stuff! This is a party on a budget!! And I want to add that even though our friends drink, they are very respectful and wouldn't act a fool at a kids party! If they even start to get drunk they'd leave on their own or I'd ask them to.

Great ideas, ladies!! I have to add to my list..... I forgot about party hats and noisemakers!! I'm heading to the dollar store tomorrow morning and want a list ready!!
    Anonymous

• LOVE the idea of a bottle of wine after the party is over

I AM STEALING THAT IDEA

thanks! I have a stressful weekend up coming with crazy sister (long story)
    I will have that wine ready for after
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 12:24 PM on Jul. 24, 2009