Is this true about Obama's health care plan?

Or is it all just a bunch of lies?

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1980796/reasons_why_i_hope_obamas_health_care.html?cat=75

What are your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• No one can know if this is true, but there is a lot of money behind the movement to prevent this health care proposal from going through. I hope we are not going to be persuaded by lies one way or the other.
    tpickle

Answer by tpickle at 11:44 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I think that this plan should fail. There are too many loop holes and too many non addressed issues. It is poorly planned and poorly formed. I signed a petition to stop it. What really needs to happen is our citizens need to stand up and take our country back. We are the ones affected by these kind of plans. We are the ones who should say what will work and what won't.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Yes it is. My niece has alot of patients from Canada.
    cancer has a 16% higher death rate from cancer
    Survival rates are based on the number of patients who are alive five years after diagnosis and researchers found that, for women, England was the fifth worst in a league of 22 countries. Scotland came bottom. Cancer experts blamed late diagnosis and long waiting lists.
    The US comes in as #1 survival rate.
    Canada has a higher deathrate from heart attacks as well.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:49 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I agree with many of the points. THere is no such thing as free medical care. Someone someplace has to pay for it. It has not worked in other countries and I see no way for it to work here in the USA. Currently I have foster children on Medicaid and it is very difficult to find dr's/dentist that accept more patients on it because they only get a fraction of what they get from a regualar insurance or cash paying patients. Dr's have bills, employees, insurances, etc to pay and should be able to charge at a rate they want. Why would they want to take Obama insurance which will surely only pay them a fraction of their costs?
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:51 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Check out my Journals.My latest one tells of how the state of TN tried this and it failed big almost bakrupted the state.Massachusetts same thing it's failing.Look at California
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:31 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• To the poster who says it has not worked in other countries. It works in Italy and Canada. My in-laws live in Canada, and YES they pay higher taxes, and the cost of things are a little higher then US. But, their health care is great, and free. My mother in law just had thyroid surgery and paid nothing, my SIL had surgeries and paid nothing. I dont know why you say it does not work?

Anonymous

• I have relatives in Canada as well, they love the way their healthcare system works.

WifeyandMom71

Answer by WifeyandMom71 at 12:58 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• 2 of my best friends life in Canada and they are always upset about their healthcare system. One of them who is a breast cancer survivor (woot woot) had to come here to the states to get treated in a timely manner...and with the latest medications.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:03 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Is this article true? Is its message true?

Well, since it offers links when it makes assertions, and clear reasoning for its conclusions, then it is certainly NOT a bunch of lies.

I know for a fact that reason #2 - jobs will be lost because it will be illegal to enroll in private insurance companies (unless they have joined the gov't insurance group) and private insurance companies will of business - IS true - I read it in the bill. I can't tell you the page number, because the White House pdf of the bill doesn't HAVE page numbers. But here are three articles about it:
    * "It's Not an Option"
    http://ibdeditorials.com/IBDArticles.aspx?id=332548165656854
    * Response: "You WILL Be Able To Purchase Coverage from Private Insurers"
    http://www.ibdeditorials.com/IBDArticles.aspx?id=333069697522201
    * Response to the response: "Still Not an Option"
    http://www.ibdeditorials.com/IBDArticles.aspx?id=333066661999894

waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 5:19 PM on Jul. 24, 2009