Test confusion

I took a digital & it said "not pregnant" but I've taken 5 (yes, five I'm obcessive lol) of the regular ones with just lines & have got a very faint pos. result. It didnt show up right off but within 5 min. (it wasn't like I waited 20 min & read it; I know not to do that because some faint false lines can show up). I'm very anxious about this. I had a miscarriage a yr ago & have been trying for 2 yrs to get pregnant. I ~think~ my period was due yesterday...I say this because my periods are odd & I usually have a week of off/again on/again spotting before I actually start bleeding so its hard for me to decide what to call "day one" of my period. So, are digital ones less sensitive? Am I preg. even though the line was very faint (on ALL the other tests)? I dont want to call the dr. unless I am sure I am preg. I'm just nervous cause last time I went it was right after I lost the baby last yr.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• OP here: Yes, I'm pregnant. 15 tests dont lie.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• my fertility doctor told me the digital ovulation kits were more relaible, but i don't know about the pg. tests yet. I would just wait a few more days and test again. I know it's hard to wait (belive me, i go through this every month), but that seems to be the most logical. I get anxious too and test early, test every day. LOL, it's very understandable!
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 11:48 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Until your body is making enough of the hCg hormone, the tests will not pick it up. One day after your period was expected is probably not long enough, and some women excrete so little of it that it's undetectable for 4 or 5 months.

There is very little difference in the sensitivity of the test between brands and types, and the only way to get a more sensitive test is to have bloodwork done.

At this point, look for other signs of pregnancy: wooziness for half a day or so, tender breasts that feel hotter than normal, lower-abdominal heaviness and increased urgency and frequency of peeing, increased appetite...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:50 AM on Jul. 24, 2009