Marginal placenta previa with slight sepration.?

I'm 13 weeks pregnant and went to the ER yesterday with heavy bleeding and was sure I had lost my baby. I was happy when they told me the baby was fine. But they told me I had marginal previa with a slight separation that was causing the bleeding.I've been put on bed rest for a week. I'm still bleeding just not as bad. I saw my obgyn and she said it should fix its self by the time I have my 20 week ultrasound. I would like to know has anyone had this before and what was the outcome? What kind of risk is there to the fetus? It's really scary and I would really like more info. Thanks.

ashnin

Asked by ashnin at 11:35 AM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had the same problem at 14 weeks. I was so scared and it really hurt but by 17 weeks everything looked fine on the ultrasound. They didn't even put me on bedrest (probably because I wasn't bleeding that much). They will give you a lot of ultrasounds to check. I looked it up on webmd.com and that information helped a lot.
    Good luck hunn!
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 11:40 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• hi
    i had placenta previa, no separation, but it covered cevix and i had a c section scheduled one month early - my daughter just turned two
    I found out when i bled at 15 weeks, my placenta did not move, but it was not tearing either
    each time i went in for exam nurse would ask me "have you bled yet"
    i said no, and i am not going to, they thought i was nuts, but guess what i did not bleed a drop after the first time, the nurses and doc were shocked. i had to have her a month early because if i went into labor it would have caused damage to placenta, bad bad outcome, so she was early and fine

so everything can be ok for you too
    bed rest means just that!!!

if it is separating it CAN repair itself
    bed rest for you, find out if yours is up on side-that is where it is supposed to be-that would be a great start, if it at bottom, prepare to take it easy and a c section

the body is a wonder, it can repair itsself
    R
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 11:44 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• My friend had this.. but they didn't catch it early.. she never bled until it fully separated when she was 30 days off her due date. She lost the baby.. so definatly rest and let it heal! I'm sure everything will be just fine like the other posters stated. Just follow doctors orders :)
    Anonymous