My Babies Dad told me he needed time what should i do?

I told him i was preg about 3 weeks ago almost a month and he doesnt answer my phone calls, when he does he's very ignorant people say its cause of shock cause hes 19 and im 18 an dhe doesnt want a child. He told me he needed time to be himself but that also means hooking up with giirls. On top of that i think he started a new relationship, i havent called him in almost a week what should i do? I never imagined i'd be preg with no father or one that ignores me and says he needs time.

Asked by Anonymous at 6:28 PM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Relationships

• same thing happened to me. Do not worry. YOu will be ok. My bf and i were both scared. He didn't answer my calls or texts. Its a shock when the baby isn't planned. He started acting better after the first doctors visit when we saw the baby on the sonogram. We were not a couple when i got pregnant. Give your bf time. do not aggrivate him. If he needs time then give him time. I am 7 months pregnant now and my bf didn't even tell his parents until I was 4 and a half months. We are both 26 years old. The first time is scary for everyone. Trust me when i say, put yourself in his shoes, would you be jumping for joy? You don't know that your child is not going to be without a father. YOu sound just like I did ( without all the crying)YOU WILL BE FINE.

Answer by Queentdi at 7:35 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I am soo sorry. It sounds like he is not going to be much of a support for you when you really, really need it. What you can do is just try to find the support and love that you need from your family and friends. You cannot control him or make him love you. I am sorry.

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 7:40 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Well honestly it sounds like you will be better off w out him. It will be hard but you will be fine. LOTS of people have been where you are and they all make it. HUGS. Sorry this is happending to you.

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 8:13 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• im really sorry to hear that.just forget him girl focus on you and your baby theres nothing wrong with being the only parent.i was raised by a single mother and i have more respect for my mother than what i wouldve havin a shows the strength we have to push forward and do what we gotta do to make ends meet for our only 22 im young too but girl when your baby is born ull forget all about his dumbass.hell regret later on in life but u never will regret anything because u did everything u knew to do!! congrats good luck mama!

Answer by ShYmAmA08 at 8:26 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Do not become a single mother because you can not be patient. He didn't say that he doesn't want anything to do with you or the baby. That's a good sign. It's not like you are holding your child in your arms and he is not around. You are freshly pregnant. True, you should take care of yourself and do your part, but he only asked for time. The more you push the issue, the more you'll push him away. Please trust me. If the baby wasn't planned, then it's going to be hard at first. YOu have a 9-10 month period to get things on track between you two. Give him time and use that time to prepare yourself.

Answer by Queentdi at 10:49 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• From what it sounds like, he may be just scared. Hopefully that's just the case. However, I was in almost the same exact situation, although the father didn't tell me he "needed time" He just politely started cheating on me and not telling me anything. But then he broke up with me and I moved on from him. This guy sounds like he just doesn't want to give up on his freedom. Give him a little more time to thin about it, and hopefully everything will turn out. Just focus on you and your baby, keep healthy and try to relax, everything will work out no matter what happens.

Answer by jvann1 at 1:49 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I went through the same thing. I got pregnant while on bc. I had been with my boyfriend at the time for years, we were not planning to have kids. Anyways I found out I was pregnant and he wanted me to get an abortion. I couldn't do that and decided to keep the baby. Long story short. I went through my pregnancy without him, went into labor and he didn't care to be there. It hurt me at first. He is no longer in our lives and I think it's for the best. I don't need someone like that around my daughter. You'll be okay give it some time. Focus on your baby.

Answer by iri24 at 6:40 AM on Jun. 25, 2008