5 weeks pregnant, what can I do to get rid of my heartburn??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you can try tums and yes they are safe to take while pregnant or u can use cough drops they both helpd for me
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• i eat a handful of crackers and drink a large glass of water. Old wives tale i know, but it works for me! The crackers help ease the acid coming up casuing the heatrbrun. The water helps put all back down.
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 11:50 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I was on Zantac the whole time with both pregnancies. My doc is the one who recommended it.
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 11:50 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• my doctor said i could take zantac.....but if you chew some celery it helps dont eat it just chew it and swallow the juices that come out of it....but if ask your doctor if you can take zantac, one pill and youre good for 24 hours...that stuff saved my life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Zantac and pepsid both help
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:54 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• pepcid complete works great
    Anonymous

• the only thing that has worked for me this entire pregnancy has been zantac it is the miracle i have had horrible heartburn and tums were like M&Ms to me til my doc told me to take these and THEY WORK SO WELL!!!
    brittanybell

Answer by brittanybell at 12:13 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Lemon ice.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 12:22 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• My doctor recommended MAALOX rather than Tumbs and all those other chewable tablets. Works wonders.
    Shamerika

Answer by Shamerika at 1:30 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• another one, if i don't have anything else, my doctor recommended to me to chew gum (kinda like the celery thing, the saliva helps wash down the acids). Also, i chew gum after meals and that really does help.
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 4:13 PM on Jul. 24, 2009