Can tea hurt my kidneys?

I have been having some lower back pain where my kidneys are, so I went to the Dr. because I thought maybe I might have a kidney infection or something. The urine test came back negative, everything was clear but she was going to culture it to make sure. She said she thought it might be back strain but I'm not so sure. I felt a lot better yesterday but today the pain is back. I've been drinking unsweet tea today, I'm wondering if that can irritate your kidneys? I now caffine in soda can, so I don't do soda at all. Can tea have the same effect?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Health

• Some teas have caffeine. Instead, try an herbal tea like Celestial Seasonings. Their Lemon Zinger and Peppermint teas are yummy.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 12:00 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I haven't heard of teas doing that, but I know too much pritein is bad for them
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 12:03 PM on Jul. 24, 2009