Is it ok to tweeze my 5 year olds eyebrows if it looks like they are a unibrow and she has noticed it?

She is a girly girl and I don't want her to look back on her photos and hate them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• don't know but that sh!t hurts!
    MoMMy2TwiNs07

Answer by MoMMy2TwiNs07 at 12:03 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• This is a tough question. I'm probably going to catch a lot of heat for this, but I would tweeze them a little bit. I wouldn't want to look back at pictures of my unibrow either. Just remember when you start plucking eyebrows they are never the same again so just keep it very simple.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 12:07 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• JUST IN THE MIDDLE TO KEEP IT FROM BEING A UNIBROW BUT MINIMAL!! IF SHE HAS NOTICED THAT IS THE BIGGEST DECIDING FACTOR FOR ME!!
    mommyhero

Answer by mommyhero at 2:14 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• They have eyebrow razors at walmart in the makeup section I would use that before tweezing them. Tweezing is painful!
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 4:22 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• It sounds to me as if you are the one concerned about a "unibrow" on your daughter ,do you think she would have noticed if you hadn't pointed it out? I highly doubt when she is older she will be that concerned about what her photo's looked like when she was five! Unless of course you make an issue of it!
    TakeNoticeNow

Answer by TakeNoticeNow at 5:02 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• If she has noticed it and is legitimately concerned about it then I would get one of the razors and do just the middle. I wouldn't go all out and shape them or anything like that! :0)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:07 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I know I will take flack for this, but I would consider using a wax strip. Yes, it hurts, but it is like pulling off a band-aid. One rip & the unibrow would be gone. Plus, it will last longer. Get those pre-waxed ones or the sugar wax so you aren't using anything hot on her skin. If you start plucking, you will have to do it every few days. Numb her with an ice cube before you do anything--it really helps. I would not do ANYTHING with her eyebrows except for the unibrow area (nothing under the browline or shaping). I wouldn't do it out of concern for how she views her 5 y.o. pics in the future but would consider it if it was something that really bothered her now. Kids can be cruel & will often tease about the craziest things.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 11:45 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• get it waxed

Answer by rkoloms at 10:04 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Only if she has complained. If she looks back on it when she is older and hates it, that is fine. How many of us have looked at pictures when we were young and said "yuck".
    robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 1:39 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• ok if my kids had one or should get one but my kids look like they are painted on. anyways i would for sure do something.my reason is in pre k my little little brother had a class mate that had one that came down to a point in the middle that pointed down. and one day when i was babysitting him for my mom I went to the back room to find him and he had a black marker and connected his eye brows just like that little boys i took his picture and wipped him off My mom and i then realized that kids notice when something is different on another child at a young age.And i dont know if you have notice but kids as young as 3 are MEAN my niece 3yo told me the other day that if my stomach didnt stick out i wouldnt be fat. the 5 yo niece also told me when she walked in on me getting out of the shower she said your belly is big like you are having a baby again. well there mom is a toothpick but i would fix it even with manicur sissors
    mhillaryann

Answer by mhillaryann at 6:05 PM on Jul. 25, 2009