How do you get a three year old from bouncing off the walls?He hasextreme ADHD.

nothing seems to work.

candydave

Asked by candydave at 12:03 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Have you contacted a Early intervention service yet?

They really have some good tools for you to use as a mother. They have techniques and equipment that they can use with him to help him cope, also teach you how to cope.

Call your pediatrician and start the process of having him tested and admitted into a program. Most are state funded and FREE!

Also, he is a bit young to test....Dr's like to wait and see if its just typical boy behavior or more than that, but you still need to talk to your childs ped.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 12:05 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• If she knows he's ADHD, he's been tested and it is not too young if it is extreme. There is a huge difference between "typical boy behavior" and ADHD.
    Anonymous

She did say she KNOWS thats why I asked.....I am a teacher and a mother of an autistic dd...I know plenty about ADHD and typical boy behavior and I also know its unusual to have a diagnosis of adhd at 3...not impossible, but unusual.....

Geesh.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 12:25 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Most 3 yr olds I know do bounce off the walls. They have to get all that energy out. Take him outside to play, ride a bicycle, run around with at the playground. Take him swimming. Get him involved with activities and don't let him sit infront of the TV.
    Anonymous