3 month old

my 3 month old is a bottomless pit!. he is FF and drinks 7-9 oz of soy milk (for his reflux), in one sitting. ive noticed that if he drinks a bottle and doesnt throw up or spit up, he wants more. and when you stuff him and he spits up while burping him, thats when he's done and doesnt want anymore. is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• LOL sounds like my son, he was the same way, only 15 years ago we stuffed his bottle with cereal lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:06 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Some kids just eat alot especially when they are going through growth spurts. It's normal and nothing to worry about. If he is starting to eat more frequently you can try mixing in a little cereal into his bottle it gives it more substance and keeps them full longer.

bugandsmiles

Answer by bugandsmiles at 12:16 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• My daughter will be 3 months on the 7th and she is eating about 6 ounces every three hours. He's probably in a growth spurt. My doctor said not to give her cereal till she is 4 months, but check with your baby's doctor and see what he says.
    Anonymous

• My daughter did the same thing, I chalked it up to them always being full in our bellies and they don't know what the hell they are doing yet.....they only throw up the food that doesn't fit.....He will get the hang of knowing when he's full......try starting rice cereal or oatmeal.....just a little at bed time....by spoon. He will prob lick it off the spoon because of the toung reflex, but it will help him learn quicker of what full is...not overfull
    rowdy24

Answer by rowdy24 at 2:15 PM on Jul. 24, 2009