contracting like every 10 minutes and have a little bloo dy mucus so MAYBE BABY!!!!

i have been having painful BH for the last week or 2 but me and hubby had sex this moimrning and i have been contracting since a half hour after... now i have bloody mucus when i wipe and LOTS of pressure in my pelvis and on my bottom...
What do you guys think is she coming FINALLY after making her mommy miserable for the last weeks????
Sorry for the over info.. but i am soooooo EXCITED!!!
going to go take a LONG walk andmaybe find a trampoline to jump on.. lol

brittanybell

Asked by brittanybell at 12:09 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Do you have stairs? Walking on stairs is actually more effective then going for a long walk. Bloody show can happen weeks before delivery and sex is VERY likely to bring on bloody show late in pregnancy:(

It could be the start of labor but its most likely just from the sex? How far along are you? Has your doctor done a vaginal check lately? How dilated & effaced were you and what station was your princess at?
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 12:14 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• i am 38 weeks and he said she was at -3 and i was a finger tip and my cervix was 4 cm long.. whatever that is at the hospital about a month ago i was 1 cm and 50% effaced,,, i have been contracting and having lots of white milky mucusy discharge for the last week.. since the dr.. I HOPE SHE COMES OUT I AM SOOOOO READY TO BE DONE WITH THIS PREGNANCY AND HOLD HER!!!
    brittanybell

Answer by brittanybell at 12:22 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• oh and no stairs i am think about going to harpers ferry and hiking up to jefferson rock we live abo ut 20 minutes away.. that is SOME STAIRS AND A MONSTER HILL... if you have ever been there it is also beautiful down there.. my favorite place in the world
    brittanybell

Answer by brittanybell at 12:26 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Bloody mucus means nothing (except that you're dilating). Sex doesn't bring labor. I wouldn't be able to tell you about contracting because I get these menstrual like cramps all the time and these painful back left and right side pains. I'm 40 weeks, miserable and ready to have this baby. I'm glad I will be induced Friday. When you can't type, speak or keep your mouth closed...that's when you're in labor. :)
    Shamerika

Answer by Shamerika at 1:22 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Sperm can help to thin out your cervix and essentially help bring labor on. The pressure in your pelvic area across to your butt could be the baby pushing downwards. Bloody show and mucous could be the plug, thinning membranes releasing from your cervix. Call your doctor and ask what they want you to do. Advise how far apart your contractions are and 38 weeks along means your baby has an excellent chance of breathing on her own if you delivered her now.

Keep walking, drink lots of water and keep us posted.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 2:06 PM on Jul. 24, 2009