Do you ever get jelous of your son or daughters charm and grace, or smarts?

Hollytree

Asked by Hollytree at 12:10 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• No because they got it from me.
    Anonymous

• Not at all, I admire all the unique traits that my children have. I feel blessed.
    Chellena

Answer by Chellena at 12:14 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• No, not jealous. I'm happy they've gone past my ability.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 12:18 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• no.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 12:18 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• You should try very hard not to be jealous of your children. Otherwise you will cause many problems for them and yourself in the future. Their success is not your failure... no one's success is your failure. If there is something you wish to do or be, then take steps to do this rather than trying to minimize others accomplishments to build yourself up. Or be happy with who you are if you don't wish to change. Make it a point to be happy for everyone's accomplishments and let your children see this attitude. Then you will have a win-win situation where your children are more likely to succeed and you may take credit for their generous and loving nature, which they would have learned by example. Thus, their success is your success.

*not saying this is you - question is vague in intent and this is just my heartfelt response that will be read by many.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 12:34 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I'm jealous now, and she isn't even born yet. She's a friggin' celebrity and all she had to do was grow! LOL! But, its a good jealousy. I'm happy my baby is awesome.
    Gothiclovesick

Answer by Gothiclovesick at 12:42 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I think that is a stupid question. Why would you be jealous? You should be proud of your child. Sorry so blunt.
    robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 1:02 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• no i am proud of my children for what they are.i love my oldest daughter for being very confident.self assured...i love my middle daughter for her creativity.and her ability to recite the periodic table of elements and put them to gether.ya she is smart.and i love my 10 yr old cause she is still so innocent where alot of her friends have become grown up so fast.and they are all better looking then i am and i like that the best...
    nana77500

Answer by nana77500 at 1:55 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• No. I'm proud of my children's abilities in all things (yes, even proud of how loud my oldest stepbaby can burp) and I'll do my best to make sure that they get better and better at everything they do well (except maybe the farting parts).
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 2:17 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Nope! I am happy for them!
    Anonymous