Medela Freestyle vs. Avent Isis

I am going with one of these, I just don't know which one! I will be pumping for two babies and in nursing school full time, so it will get alot of use! Please give me personal opinions on these pumps and which you would recommend! Thanks for the opinions!!!

smzuzu

Asked by smzuzu at 12:20 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Freestyle. Isn't the isis a hand pump?? You DO NOT want a hand pump. YOu need a great, big, powerful pump. You might be able to rent one. Check out your hospital, insurance, LLL and WIC.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 12:41 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I would recommend renting one too. Your local hospital should be able to help you. I have a single electric pump, and only use it occationally. It is loud and I hate it. I am a SAHM and can nurse whenever, but if I had to go to school and/or feed two babies, I would definitely get a big powerful pump.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 4:53 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I have a Medulla Pump n Style that I love. It pumps one two breasts. I costs a couple hundred dollars, but you save that much by not buying formula pretty quick.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 6:13 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• freestyle!! Avent isis is a manual pump and even the avent double pump..the duo will not last, its not meant for that type of use. Freestyle, pump in style or hospital grade medela, or the ameda or lansinoh double electrics are the only ones that will withstand the type of abuse..I mean use your pump will get.

Think of this as an investment in your babies health!
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 8:16 PM on Jul. 24, 2009