halloween stuff out already too soon, or does it not bother you

it gets earlier every year, my local thrift store keeps the christmas stuff out all year round now, the seasons are so flip flopped by the time the actual holiday comes around i almost dont care....anybody else feel this way?

loveeeyore62

Asked by loveeeyore62 at 12:26 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Holidays

• Yeah I can't stand it. By July 4th our stores around here already had their sumer stuff on clearance. And now we have winter clothes out, and halloween stuff too. It is crazy and I hate it.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 12:36 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Its the same up here in Canada. All summer clothing is marked down, back to school stuff is all out. Come Sept the Halloween stuff comes out. Is it me or does anyone else feel so damn rushed all the time??
    newlifewith3

Answer by newlifewith3 at 1:19 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• YES!!! My niece and nephew are visiting for a couple of weeks and I took them to the dollar store to get goggles and they had all of this Autumn/Halloween stuff out and it's only July! I know most kids already have their summer gear by now, but I thought they would still have it available.
    tabc531

Answer by tabc531 at 3:49 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Ummm..I went to Hobby Lobby LAST WEEK and they had rows and rows of Christmas. Now Christmas i my FAVORITE holiday but that is crazy!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:22 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Yes, I hate it. Some places here in TX have Halloween stuff out and all the craft stores have Christmas stuff already. I've seen coats for sale too for pete's sake. It's 105 degrees out!
    CoolGirlChris

Answer by CoolGirlChris at 2:39 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I don't mind it because they have to clearance a lot of things to make room. :)
    Mama_Kimmy

Answer by Mama_Kimmy at 11:49 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• YES!!!!!!!!!!!! Walgreens had out Halloween candy!!!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 10:26 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• No, I love it. Because you can get the stuff at much better prices off season!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:37 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I always heard from Marketing Coordinators that the Seasonal displays are dictated by the economy. The worse it is the earlier things come out for display, so that people get a sense of urgency and end up spending more and retailers end up clearancing less....
    Supervane

Answer by Supervane at 11:22 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

• It bothers me in a way because I feel as if I'm behind on my shopping, but a clerk in a store explained to me why they do this. She said that they stay a season ahead of themselves, and when halloween do arrive, their trying to get christams out. I see some christmas items in some of the stores here too, but you guys christmas is 148 days away.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 2:29 PM on Jul. 29, 2009