Have you read this about the swine flu?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090724/ap_on_he_me/us_med_swine_flu_4

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Health

• Anonymous

• I'm not saying not to take it seriously but to not let the media put crazy fear into everyone. That article says 90,000 people could die in two years. In a regular flu season about 36,000 die . . . so in two years that is 72,000. The one thing that changes the numbers is that more people seem to catch the swine flu. The CDC site even says that the alert for the swine flu is because of how the swine flu is widespread but not because of the severity of illness.
    Anonymous

• If you read up on swine flu you will find out the reason for alarm is not that people are dying. It is the age group of people who are dying.
    Anonymous

• My daughter had (probable) H1N1 a few weeks ago. It is truly no worse than a typical winter virus. Doctors are no longer testing for it, as it is so widespread. They are only prescribing the anti-viral meds for high risk patients, as the risk of serious side effects outweigh the (relatively) mild flu symptons.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:26 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I couldn't get to the article when I clicked on it. But I heard of Some people I some what know having it. 3 children. Also this week someone in my county had it & died from it! What I don't understand is why WI. has the most Cases of all States!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 3:18 PM on Jul. 24, 2009