Do You Think CafeMom Should Allow ANONYMOUS Posters?

It seems to me that the option to post anonymously seems to do more harm then good on CafeMoms. I'm presuming the option was there for women who had questions that might be a little embarrassing with things like divorce, for instance. Yet, all anonymous posts I've seen so far have been hateful and offensive or smart alecy and unhelpfulon a site where women are supposed to be supporting each other (that's the whole reason we joined right?). What do you think? And for the ANONS who DO answer this one, try to answer the actual question.

Gothiclovesick

Asked by Gothiclovesick at 12:30 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I always try to answer truthfully and helpfully. I see no reason to me mean or hateful when we are all mothers trying to do the best we can. I post anonymously because I dont want google cache to keep a record of everything I say. It's very easy for a person to collection information about a person on google. And for those who say that it isn't possible to be stalked on the internet, I had a very personal experience with it and it has made me really careful about what I do an say on the internet now that shows up public.
    Anonymous

• This is a really tired, old argument. Yes, anyone should be allowed to post their opinions without being bashed. That is why they post the sometimes harsh truth anon.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 12:32 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Yes, I think cm should. I also think that a lot of moms on here need to lighten up. I have posted some darn funny stuff anon and been jumped all over for being a troll.
    Photobucket
    Anonymous

• No. Rarr.
    Anonymous

• LOL. Ok, ANONS.
    Gothiclovesick

Answer by Gothiclovesick at 12:37 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• yes, becasue some of the meanest answeres i have read have not come from the anon. though.

The site doesn't seem supportive to me. It seems to be more controversial (which is sometimes interesting) or venting (which is fine, as long as it's not out an out nasty). I think some people post anon. b.c others can be intimidating. One person even told me she got hate emails from a posting she did and her response wasn't nasty, just not the norm.

I joined for the fertilty/pg. questions and such. But some other questions are interesting, amusing, thought-provoking, and informational.
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 12:40 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• No, unless they are going to have moderators who will stop the trolls and the bashing.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:41 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Very good points all, and anon with the google cache, that's an excellent point I didn't know.
    Gothiclovesick

Answer by Gothiclovesick at 12:44 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I get tried of this question. Anonymous is an option.If you dont like it; dont use it. If you dont like anon. answers or questions then dont read them. Very simple.
    Anonymous

• I think that CM should give the option to the poster. If you post a question and you are not willing to have other mom's posting Anon, they should be able to disable it for that question. But there are some questions where anon is appropriate for women that are to private to answer honestly and openly... I don't have anything to hide. And I have never answered ANON...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:38 PM on Jul. 24, 2009