Melaleuca Question

I had a lady call me asking me about working from home with their company.When I asked her what the name of her company was,she woulndn't tell me.i had to listen in on the business call to find out.If they are so proud of there company,why don't they tell you that they are with melaleuca at first? sounds shady to me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Money & Work

• It is shady. The Melaluca business model give me the creeps

Answer by rkoloms at 1:20 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• they are trained to not tell you. i guess they just want you to hear the training call to get all the info instead of jumping to conclusions. i was a customer & tried the business too & it sucked. the products weren't so bad but they weren't so great either like the reps claim. i just cancelled my membership because it's too much that you HAVE to buy every month. oh & the making money at home with melaleuca...GOOD LUCK!
    Anonymous

• I was with Melaleuca. It's legit, but not worth it. They aren't supposed to tell you who the company is because most poeple here Melaleuca and run... They want you to hear all the good stuff, so they can convince you how wonderful things are well before you ever get the chance to hear the bad stuff... I was allergic to most of what I bought from them and in 7 months never got a single person to buy that crap! Yes, it's green, but it's no better than Clorox Green products that you can buy at Family Dollar for $2... The only difference is with Melaleuca, you have to spend $40 - $60 a month...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:16 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I agree. I went to the web site for something they want you to fill out a form so they can call you. I definatly don't want to listen to some long drawn out spill.
    Anonymous

• Well, I work with Internet CEO Moms and I am loving it. When I call people, one of the first things I ask is "have you ever heard of Melaleuca?" I NEVER try to hide what I am doing and I was not trained to hide what I do. Now there are rules in place to where we are not able to print Melaleuca on cards or fliers, etc...

The business is for some people and it's not for others. I personally am doing good at it and I love that my son no longer has eczema. I think that it is something for you to decide by yourself because there are always going to be people out there that aren't happy with Melaleuca's products. What may not be good for one person may be GREAT for you! I hope this helps and Good Luck!!
    Alyssa M.
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 3:30 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Sabrina - CloroxGreen products have some REALLY nasty ingredients in them. Google it, I read an article on MSN about it and was pretty shocked. I won't lay my hands on them. Personally, I really liked Melaleuca's products, specifically several of their cleaners (esp. their laundry detergent). But, I can't spend the amount they want on products each month. They say it's how much you spend anyway, but in reality with a household of 3 (sometimes 4) we didn't need that many products. Their Renew lotion is FANTASTIC though, I love it.

As for not telling you, I never understood that. They can't tell you the company name in advertising, but I was always really upfront with people if they asked me. (They can't say in ads because it protects Melaleuca from being sued because a rep misrepresented the company.)

In all honesty, it's cheaper to just make your own homemade cleaners which is what I do now.
    Jafra_mommy

Answer by Jafra_mommy at 4:14 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Jafra, ditto.....equal parts of water and white vinegar clean just as well as any natural cleaner....it just costs pennies per bottle you mix up.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:17 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Well, can not tell you what was in the Melaleuca products, but I had a reaction to almost every one of them! With Clorox Green, I have not! I only use the dishwashing liquid, because otherwise I don't really uses any cleaners. What ever is in this "Melaleuca Oil, that is so secretive, I am HIGHLY allergic to. As are many people I have talked to... Plus, it's like 3X the price of everything else! If you want to get in to a business like this - try Shaklee...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:18 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Lol, Shaklee is just as expensive, if not more (depending on the product) than Mela. (My aunt and half my cousins are Shaklee distributors.) Like I said before if you're really wanting eco-friendly safe products for your home make them. It's easy and cheap to do. (Compared to Mela AND Shaklee it's by FAR the cheapest option.) Additionally, a very small number of people are allergic to tea tree oil. In fact, in the majority of people tea tree oil reduces histamine-induced inflamation (according to studies).
    http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/natural/patient-teatreeoil.html
    Jafra_mommy

Answer by Jafra_mommy at 6:02 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I've never heard of anyone having an allergic reaction to Melaleuca oil. It is also known as tea tree oil. It is not a secret what's in their products. It is proven that many chemicals in household cleaners could be the cause of asthma, eczema, among other things. Many cleaners found on store shelves also contain carcinogens--cancer-causing agents. I'm sure you don't find that on their labels... it's because they aren't being honest with you. It makes it very hard to find the facts about any store-bought products.
    MomTo2Girls

Answer by MomTo2Girls at 9:03 AM on Dec. 29, 2010