Can I take a women's laxative? TMI But I need advice Please help!

I'm reposting in hopes that someone will answer me!
Ever since last night, I have felt like crap, I think I ate undercooked chicken. I'm pregnant, believe I am due in April. My body tells me I need to throw up but I honestly think I have willed myself not to unless I have a stomach virus. I didn't throw up last pregnancy until I got a stomach virus and as soon as it was gone, I stopped. I need to know if I can take a laxative to maybe get this stuff out of me. The pain I am dealing with right now is almost unbearable and I have barely slept at all. Please let me know if its ok to take a laxative to get this stuff out of me???

innocencexinxme

Asked by innocencexinxme at 1:04 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Health

• You shouldn't use laxatives while you're pregnant.  If you think you've ate something that you think might hurt the baby, you need to call your doctor or go to the ER, for immediate attention.  Other than that, it's your hormones and if you feel like you're going to throw up, it's okay...your body is trying to get rid of what's not right or suppose to be in it.

mamadee1971

Answer by mamadee1971 at 3:31 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• GO TO THE DR! IF you think you ate something undercooked there could be food poisoning and you need to be treated so your baby doesn't become ill either.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 1:07 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Call your Doc and see, soon you might need a visit.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 1:31 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I found out it wasn't the chicken. I completely forgot I had started to have a panic attack and took a zoloft (prescribed to me and within date) but it affected me way differently. I have been eating to force myself to throw up so that it's out quickly, pharmacist told me that I would be fine, it was not an allergic reaction, that there was a possibility that they got too hot and the chemical composition may have changed just enough to make me sick. Even pregnant, she said I hadn't taken enough to affect the baby because I wasn't very far along but suggested just throwing out the prescription and getting a new one. i am feeling much better since I threw up earlier. I appreciate your opinions and what I should do.
    innocencexinxme

Answer by innocencexinxme at 4:28 PM on Jul. 24, 2009