having a second c-section...

question about 2nd c-section...
My scar from my first is a low bikini incision on the outside... but my daughter was breech and my inside cut was done vertically. My question is.. will they have to cut me vertically again? And do you know if recovery is any longer or harder depending on the internal incision?

mizsaxton

Asked by mizsaxton at 1:12 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm having a second c-section with this baby. I haven't heard of vertical incisions on c-sections anymore. I didn't know they were still done. They may not have to cut you vertically this time, depending on how the baby is presenting. I think yours may have been done that way before due to the presentation of the baby.

Recovery should be about the same with the second c-section. You could ask the doc to clear up your scar tissue this time from your first incision and make a new incision so the scarring doesn't build up.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 1:49 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I would assume the doctors would follow the incisions they made last time ... so horizontal on the outside, vertical on the inside. This way they don't make more scar tissue. But then again, I have no idea. I had a csection with my son, but both incisions were horizontal. Good luck!
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 3:25 PM on Jul. 24, 2009