How do you clean your oven?

I was baking meatballs and used the wrong pan. Now there's grease all over the bottom. How do I get it off?

jus1jess

Asked by jus1jess at 1:17 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Food & Drink

• you're supposed to clean those things?
    Anonymous

• it should have a oven pad thing in there that you can just switch it out. other wise.. you just have to get in there and clease it with some grease cutter. :(
    Anonymous

• Easy Off oven cleaner is awesome. You just spray it on, leave it for however long the can says, then when you come back all you have to do is wipe it up. No scrubbing necessary.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 1:20 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I make a paste with vinegar, baking soda and salt.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:33 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Theres a way to clean your oven? I just take the racks out, hit the clean button and wipe it out when its done. Oh and open the windows because its stinky.
    addisonsmom3794

Answer by addisonsmom3794 at 1:36 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• The self cleaning ovens get up super hot and bake off any yucky stuff, but that also means all that burnt food is getting into the air. I haven't done it since my kids have been born because I don't want to leave the house with the oven on, but I don't want the kids breathing that smoke, either. =/ Thankfully, my oven is pretty dang clean.... IDK what to tell you to do... Does seventh generation have an oven cleaner?
    Emmoney

Answer by Emmoney at 4:14 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Fume free Easy Off spray let it sit overnight and then wipe off.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 4:33 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I cleaned mine the other day and just used baking soda and vinegar. They clean anything!
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 12:25 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I use the self cleaning setting on ours. It reduces anything to ashes and then wipe the ashes out w/a hot clean rag.
    Anonymous