What can I do if I study religion?

I want to study different religions but I was wondering if they was anything I could actually use it for.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well, you could teach college level philosophy or religion if you get a masters and/or PhD.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 1:35 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• It also ties into archeology and anthropology, and from there branches off into consultant work, museum work, government work. There are also a lot of high schools that offer comparative religion courses, either as electives or mandatory, though that might be a tough job market til the economy improves.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:03 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I have a friend that teaches a World Religion & Religious History classes at a local College. She had to get her PHD however to have that ability...  But there are always ways to earn an income with something like that... Tutor, Website, Virtual Classes, Metaphysical Stores usually have classes...  Lots of options... Or you could do like me, and write a book series.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:10 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• You could also use it to become a reasonably well informed and enlightened person. Learning is always good.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 2:37 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I keep telling my husband if we're financially stable enough to where I don't have to go back to work when the kids (we want another one, so I'm using plural) are in school (I'm a sahm until then, I'm adamant about that) I'd like to go back to college (I have about a year and a half's worth of credit) and study religion, as its the one thing that really interests me. I'm hoping to write (about religion, obviously, lol), though, and to start some kind of ministry, although the thought of teaching at a college level is pretty neat, too.

I'd love to study religion - in an actually class, I mean, and get a degree in it - as opposed to just reading on my own. I feel especially called to it... Hopefully its something I'll be able to accomplish....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:02 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• SabrinaMBowen

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:02 PM on Jul. 24, 2009