Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What happens?

If I go see an abuse counselor about my marriage/husband (we are separated but have a child and the behavior has still continued), and want to get him out of mine and my child's life...what will will they tell me to proceed?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (2)
  • they can help you get set up for a new place to live, give you counsiling, give you numbers to call for other resources, maybe reguarding court issues
    did you call an abuse center yet?
    you can call anon
    jst make the call and see what they have to offer in support

    and they are good listeners

    Answer by boredmom44 at 1:28 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

  • They will help you get a restraining order against your husband. Then if he still comes around bothering you he will go to jail. They can help you find housing if you feel you need to move. If you really feel in danger at your current home, they can get you into a shelter, it's only for woman and children and NO man is allowed to know where it is. They can help you with any legal issues, and even go to court with you for moral support. They can help you get any public assistance you may need. Actually, they can help you every single step of the way! Call your local Women's Crisis Center....they will tell you step by step what you need to do.

    Answer by robinann5 at 2:06 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.