If Obama's healthcare plan passes, and If you child needed surgery, let's say heart surgery......

and the waiting list was for a year, and you were worried he/she would die.

Would you be willing to take your child overseas to India to get the surgery done? And, pay out of your pocket, perhaps taking out a second mortgage for the surgery?

Or, would you just wait to your child's time to come on the waiting list, and just hope he/she doesn't die until then.

What would you do?

THANKS for sharing!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I would most definitely take my child over seas. My child is more important to me than a waiting list. Obama is an idiot. He needs to be impeached already
    Anonymous

• Thanks for someone finally saying it , I really can't stand him, some of his ideas are so ignorant. He's more into the publicity that the presidency!!!
    Anonymous

• So your assuming that this is what will happen?? DO u realize how hard it is to get an organ NOW??

IF you are soo concerned why are you campaigning to change how things are NOW??? IT takes time to get one these days. But you want to start this stuff bc??? Clearly you don't know how things work.
    Anonymous

• From the OP: I'm not referring to organ donation, that's a whole 'nother can of worms. I'm referring to heart surgery, like to fix the valves or whatever........
    Anonymous

• Enough with the trasplant questions
    Anonymous

• Yes ,I would take my child to Europe ,were they have many,many qualified doctors.
    Anonymous

• It's not even a decision. A life or a stupid politicians rules?

I would raise the money and get my baby cared for.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:49 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Medical Tourism, here I come, baby!
    Anonymous

• how do you know it would take a year? and if you already have health insurance then why would it matter?
    jlstewart922

Answer by jlstewart922 at 1:53 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Oh yea, because the Insurance companies now aren't taking 6 months to a year to approve the request to see a cardiologist in the first place. See thats whats really going on, but keep worrying about this hypothetical wait list, because all the doctors are going to become suddenly overwhelmed when people have health care.
    momandvet

Answer by momandvet at 2:25 PM on Jul. 24, 2009