How did you sleep while you were pregnant?

I can only get comfortable on my back, but I know thats bad so I try and sleep on my sides. I will fall asleep on my side and wake up on my back. Sometimes I will put a bunch of pillows under me so im not flat on my back. Is it okay to sleep propped up? How did you get comfortable?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes its ok to sleep propped up, and if you end up on your back dont beat yourself up, you body will let you know when to move, i sleep on my side with a pillow under my belly.
    blueeyes_1818

Answer by blueeyes_1818 at 1:45 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• How propped up do I have to be for it to be safe?
    Anonymous

• Propped is fine; that's how I slept for most of both of my pregnancies. It doesn't have to be much, just enough so the uterus is tilted and not laying flat on the artery behind it, so one small pillow is fine.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:58 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I was going thru the exact same issue you are, ive never slept on my back before but now that I'm pregnant it's how I get my best sleep. I say put something under your back so you'll be uncomfy if you try and sleep on it.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 2:11 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• i was told that if you have low or normal blood pressure through out your pregnancy then its okay to sleep on your back, and your body will wake you up if you need to move. i slept on my side with pillows and still i had trouble, i think when we pregos cant sleep its our bodys way of preping us for when the baby comes. GL
    newmom092009

Answer by newmom092009 at 2:32 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• i usally sleep on my left side and if im getting irrtated sleeping on my sides i go on my back. i knoww they say thats bad but ive been doing it every night and i just went to the doctors today and they told me my babys healthy and everything else islike its supposed to be sooo idk u should just do whats comfortable for you and good luck.!! im 30 weeks by the way. :]
    hmp1

Answer by hmp1 at 3:01 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I sleep on my sides, with a body pillow hugged next to me....belly is usualy on it and it goes between my legs
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:53 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I have 10 days to go and I'm starting to believe that sleep doesn't exist anymore...
    jachelle

Answer by jachelle at 5:17 PM on Jul. 24, 2009