Please help!

My poor little Niece who is 2 months old has been crying and screaming all day becouse she extremly constapated and has alot of gas on her belly We gave her gas drops but it dont seem to help to much what should we do?

xaviersmamacita

Asked by xaviersmamacita at 1:47 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try giving her a tsp of Karo in her next bottle (make sure you stir it up well). That usually helps my baby.
    penguinqueengi

Answer by penguinqueengi at 1:50 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• call her doc, ped nurse will advise
    nurse may suggest a gel stick up the butt of stimulate poop(forgot the name of those things)
    you said WE
    good thing their are two of you that helps to hand off when baby crys crys and crys

call the baby doc, nurses always on call ready to help
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 1:52 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• A belly massage may help her until you get through to the nurse. Poor thing. Just rub her belly in small circles moving from top to bottom inside to outside. DS used to get this way and that would calm him some.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 1:55 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• gripe water
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:55 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• lay her on her back and make her legs do motions like riding a bike. OR warm baths to help relax her. If none of that works...I know this sounds weird but take her temp......I had to do it with my daughter many times it helps them push out what they cant. They automaticall push. When we called for my daughter (the docs) they told us she was too young to be having troubles like that already.....dumb people!!!!! Small amounts of apple juice mixed with water helps too.
    rowdy24

Answer by rowdy24 at 2:01 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I had to use suppositories to help my son, but I would get a nurse /doc to confirm if they want you to do that or not. I had to do it every 36 hours for months with my son.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:02 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Call the pediatrician...several hours ago.
    Anonymous

• The Kyro syrup is a good tip. I would also give her prunes if you can get her to take them.
    mommyhero

Answer by mommyhero at 2:53 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Karo is a botulism risk....even the manufacturer says NOT to use it on infants.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:43 PM on Jul. 24, 2009