I feel like such a loser....

I have been doing good on my diet this week, and today I just blew it, went to Wendy's and blew it. I miss my ex boyfriend so much it's just tearing me apart. Now I feel even worse because I ate so much. I love/hate him, when is this going to end? I haven't spoken to him in 3 weeks and it hurts as much now as it did the day we said goodbye. What can I do to get through this and not make the same mistakes health wise? I want to lose 50lbs, thats my goal, and I've done it before, but I just get so depressed....HELP!!!! Please don't bash, I've had a hard enough week as it is...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• Don't beat your self up over one meal. Its okay. But next time you feel like eating to counter your depression find an activity to keep your mind busy. Like I play video games when I need to be busy.
    Anonymous

• I am tring with the diets too, I want to lose 40lbs, so I'm there with you, think of it this way you messed up with the wendy's its done and over what is more important is the next meal you eat, instead of falling off track completely just go back to it, So sorry about that guy don't worry there will be plenty more.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 1:55 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• i know EXACTLY how you feel. i do the same exact thing and am going through it right now. just remember that 3 weeks is not that long, eventually you will get over him. just keep your goal in mind and work on that. you probably didnt even gain 1 pound from eating wendys once, just excerise alittle extra and get right back on your diet tommoro.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:56 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• filling the viod he left you with with food
    you need to find your self worth

people come into your life for a
    reason
    a season
    or a lifetime

he falls into one of the first 2 catagories

you will be ok, but it will take some time
    imagine your life a year from now
    think of all the things that you want to happen, and know that you can do it

you have gotten through other tough times, and if you look at these, remember how huge it seems then and think about how small those things seem to you today, you will find the strength to get thru this too

God bless
    do something for yourself today
    one wendy's meal is not even a speak on the radar screen
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 2:02 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• It is very important when making little slips like this while dieting to learn to forgive yourself. Yep, you had Wendy's. It is okay! Forgive yourself for this little slip, dust yourself off, and keep right on trying. You can do it!
    Anonymous

• I hate food, it controls me. I cant even begin a diet. I failed before I even begun
    Anonymous

• Focus on YOURSELF right now. Dont dwell on your ex, or the mistake you made for lunch. Think of where you want to be and how you are going to get there. Get there WITHOUT him and THEN decide if you still want to keep in contact.
    Imagine how good it will feel to see him when you look like a healthy bombshell and then think to yourself "nevermind, i can do better."
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 2:25 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• The GOOD thing about what you just did is that you shocked your body and that's a good thing. Plus, with a lot of food (not all the time of course) it pushes out the old food and helps cleanse. So you probably didn't hurt yourself but we need to get you to binge on better food. I binge every time there is a break up too but I have learned to fool my brain. Instead of bad food I over eat with steamed carrots and precooked crab meat. I know it doesn't sound as appealing as Wendy's but both are sweet and pretty good imo. You pick the healthy food that is right for you and do what you have to do to get through it. While waiting try reading How To Fall Out Of Love and see if that helps. It's not a big book and it gives great ideas on how to get through the phase you are going through.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:33 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Thanks for the awesome answers, I'm feeling much better knowing that I haven't done so much damage by binging, but I want to be healthy so next time I feel like that I'm going to take a deep breath and reach for the carrots instead!
    Anonymous

• first off youll get through this. it takes time to get over any kind of loss. I have no advice about food cause im trying to cut back myself, but sometimes getting all dolled up and going out with some friends and meeting new people can help. get pretty, flirt with some random guys, get a few numbers, come home feeling great! and remember its all about attitude not weight! you can do it!
    jchris

Answer by jchris at 2:19 AM on Jul. 25, 2009