Just found out my husbands gay. Stick together for the kid? Or Seperate?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• This is really a debate? There is no reason you should stay with anyone if it's just for your child. It can be a motivator but not the motive. If he's gay, he does not find you sexually attractive and will seek out men to fulfill his needs. Divorce and let him and you, live your own lives but make sure you both are honest to your child/ren and stay in their lives.
    KareemsMami

Answer by KareemsMami at 2:07 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• did he tell you?
    has he acted on this yet, putting you at risk?
    do you want to stay?
    go to counsilor yet?
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 1:54 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Seperate. Sticking together for the kid is not really a good idea. You'd just end up fighting and thats not a good enviorment for your child.
    Anonymous

• Nobody here can tell you what to do. Do what you think it best for you and "the kid".
    Anonymous

• seperate. def go to counselor. Why do these men "just find out" after everything.
    Anonymous

• I think its selfish of him. Most men know theyre gay but try and hide it or change it by getting married and having kids. That doesnt only ruin his wifes life but their childrens too. Selfish men! Id leave
    Anonymous

• for me personally I would separate and be very honest with the kids about this, I have an uncle that did the same thing, but they never told the kids till now one almost 20 and they hate him for not telling them himself.( they were very close before)
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 2:03 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• not enough information
    sounds like a trolling question
    Anonymous

• Anon :58, it's not selfish. It's due to fear. It's sad, not something to be angry about. It's one of the many things wrong with society when a person has to try to hide what they are and go against what they actually feel for fear of losing friends, family, jobs, respect, etc.

OP, staying together for the kids isn't a good idea. No one will be happy. I'd separate, but make sure you both have a good set up for the kids to see the both of you.
    Anonymous

• Stay together for the kids. My dad realized he was gay after 20 years of marriage and left my mom and moved in with his boyfriend and it was just too hard on us kids and I still think I have mental problems now b/c of it. Even now, I hate my husband, but I'm staying with him for my daughter.
    Anonymous