I had my son 2months ago & they did not had not circumcised him right so..

Yesterday I took him in to talk about it so his pedi. said she can "break it" ,the foreskin was attached making him look like he was not circumcised. My question is,is there anyone gone through this with there little one? and how was the out come? btw I don't know if its normal but the skin is still over the "head".

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, when it healed it healed to the skin on the head. While it is painful for him the first time, they do need to fix it. Then you need to continue to make sure it doesn't heal to the head again. DS 3 had this happen to him.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 1:57 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Wait, I'm confused... You say he was not circumcised, and his foreskin made it look like he was not circumcised... That makes no sense whatsoever. If you're saying he's NOT circumcised and the foreskin is NOT retracting, it's okay. Forced retraction of the foreskin at that age unless absolutely necessary (aka for infection or something of that nature) is just painful for the little one.
    Anonymous

• They didn't circumcise him RIGHT, anon:01. She simply started to state it one way then changed, but didn't delete her mistake.

Read.
    Anonymous

• "Wait, I'm confused... You say he was not circumcised, and his foreskin made it look like he was not circumcised... That makes no sense whatsoever."

Due to common issue with circ's being done too tight and casuing problems later in life, many docs are now doing "looser" circ's where there is some skin left, I assume that's what the case is with the op's son.

They should have told you to be sure to move the skin back at every diaper change and even to occasionally put some Vaseline on there to be sure that didn't happen. I'm sorry your doc didn't tell you that and your little guy will have to endure some discomfort at this point.
    Anonymous

• You need to push the skin back almost every change. And also in the tub.
    Anonymous

• im sooo glad i chose not to circumsize.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 2:19 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Thank you anon: 2:04 I was typing so fast and trying to word it the same time. My mistake, but Yes it was painful for him I had to leave the room and I was so upset but I wanted to do what was best for my little guy & they did tell me to pull the skin down and put Vaseline on it but will the skin stay back? its not now.
    Anonymous

• & please I dont need to hear about the mothers who did not circumcise there son. This is what I wanted for him.
    Anonymous

• My son has a slight adhesion and he is 9 months now. I am going to take him to a pediatric urologist for a second opinion because one of the peds said " its just cosmetic". I don't know about this and want somebody more used to seeing it to give me there opinion. he might have to get a procedure done to separate it now b/c it doesn't get separated by pulling it back ( my son now.)
    It does look like there is some extra skin from my sons circ.
    mommylovesu28

Answer by mommylovesu28 at 2:29 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Join the proud moms of circumcised boys group and post about it there. You will gets lots of info and no one criticising you.

Anonymous