How to wean baby off bottle almost 1 year, too early?

Trying to wean baby off bottle. He is almost 1 year is that too early? My nutritionist said he needs to learn how to drink out of sippy cup to work new muscles. Right now we are using the nuby kind and it's the only one so far that he will drink half way decent from. Even when he drinks from there it takes forever to drink just a little bit where as a bottle he chugs it down.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Food & Drink

• it is time
    straw even better for her

heard a great one on here the other day
    if baby has hard time giving up the bottle give her something she does not like in the bottle
    my daughter did not like prune juice
    i wish i had heard this one when i was weaning
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 2:27 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• My son is 10 months and is no longer on a bottle of any kind. We started with the same type of cup and worked our way up to regular old Take n toss sippys. Iknow your frustration to the adjustment it took my LO like a month to figure it out. But after that it was a rapid transition to hard spouted cups.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 2:35 PM on Jul. 24, 2009