Wedding..wine?

I am going to a wedding tonight, I just found out. They will be serving champagne and wine there. I know that, since I am pregnant, I am allowed to have 1 glass of red wine. Are any of the others allowed? I never drank much before, so I don't know much about what is ok now and what is not.
Please do not be rude with your answers, I am not asking about getting drunk while pregnant, just about what is safe.

MrsBrockHardy

Asked by MrsBrockHardy at 2:33 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• When you are pregnant you are allowed one glass of red wine a day. And at the end of the pregnancy, it's used sometimes to induce labor. This isn't something I heard, or what some friend told me. It has been said by numerous doctors and been researched. It's in books and studies as well. So you guys should check YOUR informations before you decide to answer someones questions. That is what is wrong with cafemom. It's just a bunch of moms that don't know what they're talking about, trying to give advice to other moms. I will just stick with red wine, and enjoy myself. It sucks for you that you didn't know about it, probably would have been great to drink at your own wedding.
    I feel sorry for you people that have nothing better to do than spout off wrong information because you THINK it makes you look good.
    MrsBrockHardy

Answer by MrsBrockHardy at 2:43 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Who said you are allowed alcohol during pregnancy? I never heard of this. I was 3 months preggers at my own wedding and I had sparkling cider. This is just my own opinion.
    mommylovesu28

Answer by mommylovesu28 at 2:35 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Should have looked it up online, cafemom + pregnant drinking questions never go down well. I'm 6 months and haven't gotten my allowance of alcohol.
    Anonymous

• just remember that what ever you drink or eat goes to your baby first, then you? just ask yourself is it worth it??
    newmom092009

Answer by newmom092009 at 2:41 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• There is no amount of alcohol that is known to be safe during pregnancy. FASD is a totally preventable birth defect. How is it prevented? By not drinking alcohol during pregnancy. Sure a glass of wine may not cause your child to have FASD, but how do you know it's not knocking a few IQ points off, or messing with it's brain in other ways? If you are wanting to toast the new couple do it with water or a soft drink or juice. The warm wishes you are sending are more important than what you are toasting with. Once again I'm going to say that there is no amount of alcohol that is known to be safe during pregnancy. And the risk may be small, but I would never take that risk.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 2:42 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I think wine is about the only safe one to have, and only one glass. I wouldn't risk it myself, but if you feel comfortable with it, I would stick to wine, maybe even watered down.
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 2:42 PM on Jul. 24, 2009