Are there any groups here for those of us that are Anti-Home birth?

I want to have at least one place on this site where I don't have to hear what a horrid person I am because I believe home births shouldn't be legal! Where I don't have to here how wonderful it is to push for 5 hours or where they pain isn't "liberating"... A place where women are actually honest. Childbirth SUCKS!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Interesting I don't share your point of view in fact the opposite and I often feel like all I hear on here is how childbirth is nothing but pain and can not be tolerated with pain meds.

I guess perspective jades reality.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 2:38 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Why do you have to have a group that is against another group of people?? It is their right to choose how they want to choose. Why not have a group that supports how you think instead of bashing what someone else thinks??

And by the way, I'm not a big fan of home births because of my own personal experience. But that is my experience and I don't feel the need to slam someone who might see it differently then I do.
    Anonymous

• Search groups, if not create one.
    Anonymous

• Childbirth sucks? Do you tell your kids that?
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 2:41 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

YES... Labor is horrid... I will make sure they know that so they don't have to go through it! It's like when they show teens the birth videos... They need to know, it's painful and bloody and nasty! Maybe then they will have a little more sense and use some protection!
    Anonymous

• OP here- I'm not looking for a group to bash others... I'm looking for a group that supports those of us that don't believe in home birth... There are tons of groups for those that believe in it, but I can't find a one that supports hospital birth or pain meds...
    Anonymous

• OP, are we not the ones bashing someone with a different opinion than us? I personally do not feel the same way as the orginal poster but she is entitled to her opinion and perspective.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 2:49 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Okay it makes sense to not want them to get pregnant as teens but eventually they will probably go through it...
    Personally I think childbirth is a wonderful experience. I was excited to meet my son and can't wait to do it again with my daughter.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 2:56 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Just out of curiousity, why the hostility against home birth? If you don't like childbirth, that's perfectly fine. But why do you want to take away the option for those who don't mind and want to do it at home?
    To answer your question, start your own group. I'm assuming that it's not all that difficult since there are so many.
    Anonymous

• You're crazy!!! but who isn't these days
    create one....
    jachelle

Answer by jachelle at 4:22 PM on Jul. 24, 2009