7 month old

My son will be 7 months next week. Since the beginning of this week he has been fighting sleep like crazy!!! Please tell me this is just a phase?!? We were able to put him in his crib drowsy and he'd go to sleep now he flips over plays for a min then gets madder than ever and cries til I come in to his room. He fights sleep up to two hours. I always make sure that every need is met b4 laying him down too. Does/Did your 7 month old do this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes its a faz and yes we did this.. thats where the CIO came in.. im not going to get up and go in there just so he knows hez not alone..
    ArlieBeeMee

Answer by ArlieBeeMee at 2:45 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Normal
    Anonymous

• Yes, it's a phase. Yes, it will pass.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:33 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• If you have bedtime routine with him right now, such as bath, bottle and bed...Then try to mix it up a little bit. Include a little story or song before bedtime, or something completely different. That's what I would do. Good Luck.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 4:30 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Whenever our daughter (also 7 mo) does this, it's usually related to teething. She just can't get comfortable enough to sleep. A little Tylenol & about an hour later she's feeling better and goes down for bed without a fight. Just an idea. Good luck!
    Amy121508

Answer by Amy121508 at 4:50 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• life is so much more exciting for your son now that he is getting older and learning more....its hard to sleep! when is his nap? you may need to space the naptime and night time a bit more. turn the lights down and t.v. off. make it a quiet wind down time for a half hour before bed. try some relaxing music in his room. I have also heard that if you eat right before bed it could be hard to sleep also so no table food right before bed, just a bottle or nursing! a bath, lotion, quiet time time and book then bed is your best bet! hope its helpful
    LadyDahl

Answer by LadyDahl at 4:53 PM on Jul. 24, 2009