A question about mascara

When I put mascara on, first I curl them and than add mascara.... and than curl them again...what can I do to make them bold and beautiful? I am currently using Cover girl's professional remarkable, washable waterproof masc.

kidooks

Asked by kidooks at 2:53 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I like Maybeline. I switch up which one I get all the time, but they all do a good job. I had one a while ago with a thickening agent. One side was a white thickener, the other side the mascara. It worked well. You could also try fake lashes for special occasions. Almost every one you see on screen these days are wearing them.
    I'm not knocking Covergirl though. I love their foundations and blushes.
    honeyb3

Answer by honeyb3 at 3:01 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Zap the curler for thirty seconds with your hair dryer. Makes it a mini curling iron for your lashes! And ALWAYS comb them out before you apply mascara or curl them. And I use Maybelline's new vibrating mascara! Try that! It is INSANELY awesome!
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 3:09 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I always put on my mascara and then use my finger to push them up! Sounds funny, but it works well.
    AmberMoffat

Answer by AmberMoffat at 3:20 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• My 20 year old daughter is on a quest for the best mascara....to make her eyelashes look like the commercials (which I think use false eyelashes to augment....at least with celebrity endorsers). I will let her know at least one good review for the vibrating mascara!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 3:37 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I think all the mascara commercials are LIERS, they all work just about the same. My DH laughs every time a mascara commercial comes on, because I scream at the TV LIERS! Heee I have tried them all including the expensive ones. The less expensive work just as well. I curl then do two coats but I never get them as thick and long as the commercial.
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 5:33 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I agree with heating up your eyelash curler and also about the vibrating mascara wand. I use Estee Lauder's Turbo Lash mascara and it really does make a difference in my lashes.
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 6:06 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I know for a fact that the commercials use falsies, I had a girlfriend that was the makeup artist on set for a couple. I use cheapy mascara if I'm just runnin around the house, maybe the market (I'm a mascara, smudged lipliner with lip balm gal most of the time), but if I am going out or expect photos, then I wear falsies, they take a little practice, and the demi styles are more natural looking...it helps if you apply with tweezers, and push the line of lashes all the way down on your eye lid with the back of the tweezers...good luck on your search,
    Cheapsk8mom

Answer by Cheapsk8mom at 7:02 AM on Jul. 25, 2009