HUSBAND NAMES SUCK!

My husband has a son. He has been through the preg and naming and etc whether he "rembembers" it or not. He has done it. He is making this name thing so hard. We harldy agree on the names. I just want to name her now and keep it a secret from him if he can't agree or be simple. Hahahaha. How do you compromise on the naming deal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I named our 1st daughter he named our 2nd.
    penguinqueengi

Answer by penguinqueengi at 2:57 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• You should both sit down separately and make a list of ten names you love and ten names that you absolutely don't like. Then trade list and see if you can come up with a middle ground. But you both have to be open minded. If any of the other person's names are on either of the don't like lists then they automatically don't get considered. I hope this helps. Picking a name is hard.
    Samantha_1629

Answer by Samantha_1629 at 3:02 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• before we knew what we were having he picked a boy name and I picked a girl name and we said whatever we're having this is what their name will be.. well it kinda worked like that but the middle name has changed because we compramised
    SweetPea102689

Answer by SweetPea102689 at 3:08 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I absolutely apalled every name that my son's father picked. They were ALL so ugly! We couldn't agree to save our lives. So finally he broke down && said if you give him my middle name then you can pick his first name. So that's what we did.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 3:14 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• He named the boy I named the girl.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 3:28 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• My husband gave me like 3 of each boys and girl names and I came up with the more creative unique middle names to make them flow better. And so I had to pick from his short list of first names and he had to choose one of my crazy middle names.
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 5:05 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• we both made a list... then when i heard his list (they were all pretty ridiculous) i would tell him how the other kids or my family would make fun of the name. the one name he was really stuck on, i googled it and thank god nothing but porn came up. he immediately lost all confidence in naming and i had a guilt-free advantage to name whatever i wanted. just be creative and remember, men have simple brains- overload. another thing is i told him what each name i picked meant and he liked the meanings (but all meanings sound nice) so i win.
    spazlilsister

Answer by spazlilsister at 6:00 PM on Jul. 24, 2009