How do I get my 21 month old off her sippycup of water at bedtime?

I want her off the sippycup with water because she pees the bed. She is still in diapers and drinks a whole sippy cup off water before going to bed so she soaks through her diaper.

weaselkim

Asked by weaselkim at 3:17 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Stop giving it to her.
    Anonymous

• Give her less water. Instead of a full cup give her half. My husband and my son always have water by their bed. It isn't a bad habit it just needs to be montiored.
    robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 3:18 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• My kids take water to bed to... I would just start cutting back how much you put in it. go from full to 3/4 then 1/2 then a 1/4 and leave it at that.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:27 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Is she peeing the bed? If so then I would see the need to take it... If shes sleeping in a big girl bed graduate her to a big girl cup and only put an ounce or so in it on the night stand next to her bed...
    ALDmama

Answer by ALDmama at 4:19 PM on Jul. 24, 2009